The need to streamline and automate the Virtualization Services is crucial for organizations, especially those who are looking to improve their IT Infrastructure.
Selina ICT Services in Iraq provides a virtualization solutions to the IT challenge using virtualization technology. The company has been providing its services for more many years and has helped many organizations.
Table of Contents
What is Virtualization technology?
Virtualization technology uses a process called ‘virtualization’ which is a software technique that transforms physical computer hardware into virtual computer resources.
Virtualization is the process of converting physical computing resources into virtualized computing resources. This can be done by either going from a physical computer to an application virtual machine, or from a physical server to a virtual server. The main goal of this is to increase utilization and reduce costs.
What is virtual machine?
Virtual machine is a hardware emulation of a physical system. It can help to create a virtualization environment on top of an existing OS, where the application runs just as it would have on the original hardware.
One of the key benefits that virtual machines offer is that they can be used to test software and applications without having to actually touch any hardware. They also enable us to move from one OS to another without needing to buy new hardware, saving time and money at the same time.
How virtualization works?
Virtualization is the process of running multiple operating systems on a single physical computer. It is done by splitting up system resources and assigning them to individual virtual machines.
Virtualization allows organizations to consolidate their IT operations in fewer physical machines, resulting in significant savings. The process also helps protect against data loss or downtime in the event of hardware failure or natural disaster.
What are the types of virtualization?
There are four main types of virtualization are server, desktop, storage and application.
- Server virtualization: the process of running multiple operating systems on a single physical server.
- Desktop virtualization: the process of emulating a desktop environment so that it can be used from any device without requiring the desktop to be installed on it.
- Storage virtualization: the process of pooling local storage devices together and sharing them over a network.
- Application virtualization: allows applications to run in isolation from each other, which is critical for security and management purposes.
What are the benefits of server virtualization?
The main benefits of virtualization are:
- Improved utilization by running more workloads on a single physical host.
- Protecting applications from downtime because of hardware failures with live migration.
- Reducing the total cost of ownership by consolidating multiple servers onto fewer hosts.
What virtualization tools should I use?
Virtualization tools are used to create virtual machines or hypervisors, which are software programs that allow you to run multiple operating systems on the same computer.
The most common virtualization products are
If you are looking for an IT company that can provide server virtualization services in Iraq, then you should contact us at Selina ICT Solutions. We have years of experience in this field, and we offer full-spectrum server virtualization services including, but not limited to: